1. Membership Committee
1. Promote initial and renewal membership in the national HPNA and chapter.
2. Assure currency of national HPNA membership as a criterion for membership in the chapter.
1. The Chair of the Membership Committee is elected or appointed by the President and the Chapter Executive Board as described in the Standing Rules for the chapter.
2. The members of the Membership Committee are appointed by the Chair in consultation with the President and the Chapter Executive Board.
3. The President is an ex-officio member of the Membership Committee.
4. The number of members on the Membership Committee is determined by the goals and objectives of the chapter, the committee, and the size of the chapter.
5. The term of the appointment as a Committee Chair or member is determined by the Chapter Executive Board.
6. Appointments to the Membership Committee are renewable annually.
d) Responsibilities of the Membership Committee Chair
1. Select members of the Membership Committee in consultation with the President and the Chapter Executive Board.
2. Establish meeting dates, times, and locations for the Membership Committee.
3. Prepare an agenda for Membership Committee meetings.
4. Preside at all meetings of the Membership Committee.
5. Submit a report on the current membership status and activities of the Membership Committee at all meetings of the Chapter Executive Board and the general chapter membership.
6. Submit a report to the Chapter Executive Board to be included in the chapter Annual Report.
7. Assure that the records of the Membership Committee are maintained according to the procedures established by the national HPNA.
e) Responsibilities of the Membership Committee
1. Participate in strategies to recruit and retain membership in the national HPNA and the chapter.
2. Implement a plan to assure that all members of the chapter are current members of the national HPNA.
3. Maintain a current chapter membership roster that includes, but is not limited to:
a) National HPNA membership number and expiration date
d) Home telephone number
e) Work telephone number
f) E-mail address
g) National HPNA membership level (e.g. RN, student, LP/VN)