3. Program Committee
1. Identify the educational needs of the chapter membership.
2. Provide programs that meet the identified educational needs of the chapter membership and that are consistent with the mission and Strategic Plan of the HPNA.
b) Composition of the Program Committee
1. The Chair of the Program Committee is elected or appointed by the President and Chapter Executive Board as described in the Standing Rules for the chapter.
2. The members of the Program Committee are appointed by the Chair in consultation with the President and the Executive Committee.
3. The President is an ex-officio member of the Program Committee.
4. The number of members on the Program Committee is determined by the goals and objectives of the chapter, the committee, and the size of the chapter.
5. The term of the appointment as a committee chair or member is determined by the Chapter Executive Board.
6. Appointments to the Program Committee are renewable annually.
c) Responsibilities of the Program Committee Chair
1. Select members of the Program Committee in consultation with the President and the Chapter Executive Board.
2. Establish meeting dates, times, and locations for the Program Committee.
3. Prepare an agenda for Program Committee meetings.
4. Preside at all meetings of the Program Committee.
5. Submit a copy of all meeting minutes of the Program Committee to the chapter Secretary.
6. Submit a report on the activities of the Program Committee at all meetings of the Chapter Executive Board and the general chapter membership.
7. Submit a report to the Chapter Executive Board to be included in the chapter Annual Report.
8. Assure that the records of the Program Committee are maintained according to the procedures established by the national HPNA.
d) Responsibilities of the Program Committee
1. Develop, distribute, and analyze the results of an educational needs assessment instrument to determine the educational needs and interests of chapter members.
2. Develop an annual plan for meeting the educational needs of the chapter membership to include, but not limited to:
a) Date, time, and location for all programs
b) Program topic, format, and presenters/coordinators
c) Educational objectives
d) Required audiovisual equipment
e) Evaluation plan
f) Continuing education credits (optional).
g) Promotion and advertising strategies
h) Annual budget for programs
3. Maintain a listing of chapter member and guest attendees at each educational offering.