1. Provide for continuity of chapter proceedings through record keeping of all activities of the chapter.
2. Maintain all official chapter records associated with the office of Secretary according to procedures established by the national HPNA. Records should include, but are not limited to, the following:
a) Chapter charter
b) Chapter standing rules
c) Financial reports
d) Annual Renewal of Charter reports
e) Minutes of all meetings of the Chapter Executive Board, Standing Committee meeting and general membership meetings.
3. Implement an effective communication plan among the chapter membership, Chapter Executive Board, Chapter Standing Committees, and the national HPNA.
4. Comply with the policies and procedures established by the Chapter Executive Board and the national HPNA in reflecting the views of the chapter general membership and Chapter Executive Board in all communications, written and verbal.
5. Notify all members of the Chapter Executive Board of all meeting dates, times, and locations.
6. Notify the general chapter membership of all meeting dates, times, and locations.
7. Record minutes for all meetings of the Chapter Executive Board and the general membership.
8. Distribute minutes of the Chapter Executive Board, Standing Committees, and general membership meetings as requested.
9. Maintain a current roster of chapter members, Standing Committees, and Chapter Executive Board in conjunction with the chair of the Membership Committee.
10. Perform other responsibilities designated by the Chapter Executive Board or the national HPNA.