1. Direct the activities of the chapter subject to the control of the Chapter Executive Board.
2. Appoint Standing Committee chairs (if not elected chairs), with Board approval.
3. Coordinate the development of chapter goals, strategic plan, objectives, and budget with the Chapter Executive Board and Committees chairs of the chapter Standing Committees.
4. Monitor the implementation of the chapter goals, strategic plan, objectives, and budget.
5. Advise the general membership and the Chapter Executive Board of progress toward the chapter goals, strategic plan and objectives, palliative care issues and trends, and information from the national HPNA.
6. Schedule, formulate the agenda, and preside at a minimum of four (4) meetings of the Chapter Executive Board.
7. Schedule, formulate the agenda, and preside at a minimum of four (4) meetings of the general membership. At least one must conduct the business of the chapter.
8. Serve as an ex-officio member of all chapter Standing Committees except the Nominating Committee.
9. Coordinate the completion, review, and submission of the Annual Renewal of Charter Report according to procedures established by the national HPNA.
10. Review and sign the completed Treasurer's Reports.
11. Mentor and prepare President-elect, if applicable.
12. Schedule and attend a transition meeting between the outgoing and incoming members of the Chapter Executive Board and standing committee chairs.
13. Assure that the records of the chapter are maintained according procedures established by the national HPNA.
14. Serve as a liaison between the general chapter membership, the Chapter Executive Board, national HPNA, and District Leaders.
15. Represent the chapter at meetings of the national HPNA and other healthcare groups as approved by the national HPNA
16. Perform other responsibilities designated by the Chapter Executive Board or the national HPNA.